The major objective of this course is to know and understand the basic rules and values of the responsible conduct of research, according to local, national and international regulations and guidelines.
All doctoral candidates of Mainz University; recommended for the early phase of the doctorate.
Maximum number of participants: 1
- Definitions of good scientific practice and scientific misconduct
- Degrees and extent of scientific misconduct
- Examples of responsible and irresponsible conduct of research
- Data management
- Authorship and the process of publication
- Mentoring and supervision
- Conflict management: how to deal with scientific misconduct
- Reactions to scientific misconduct
- Local, national and international guidelines, rules and regulations
The participants will learn to develop appropriate solutions to difficult situations in the process of science and receive advice on how to protect their own scientific work. They are encouraged to speak with their colleagues and the appropriate institutions about their own research work and about mistakes and problems.
The course encourages the active involvement of the participants and features the following didactic
elements: information input, case discussions, plenary discussions and problem-based learning in small
Day, Time, and Venue
The new dates for 2020 are not yet available.
To apply please use our course registration form in the internal area of GPP.
In order to be able to apply for the courses doctoral candidates need to be registered with the GPP.